The Paper Rose Club gets a great review


I was thrilled to see this review today on The Paper Rose Club. Josh Magill, from The Magill Review recently read The Paper Rose Club, and I'm excited to report that he LOVED it!! Whenever anyone reviews any of my work, the finger-nail biter in me comes out, and I get a little anxious to hear what they have to say. Writing a novel is akin to standing in Times Square, butt naked and being critiqued by the world. Over the years, I've come to develop thick skin, especially where book reviews are concerned. You write your baby and then launch it to the world, never knowing how it will be received.

I love how Josh described the characters and their lifelong friendships. The South has such a unique flavor, and I'm glad that we were able to infuse our upbringing into the novel to make it come to life. Here's the link to Josh's review.

http://themagillreview.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/book-review-the-paper-rose-club/