The latest book from Youngblood and Poole, False Identity is now out!


Get your copy here


I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! My new Christmas book, False Identity, is finally out! This is the one I've been talking about--the one I've been staying up until the wee hours of the morning writing. The one that I've been working on, even though the laundry is piling up to the ceiling and the house is falling down around me.

Let me back up by saying that my mom and I write together, so technically it's our new book that came out today. (She's been burning the midnight oil too.) Anyway, we started this book about six years ago and would pull it out from time to time (around this time of the year) and make a half-hearted effort to finish it. That all changed this year ...

A few months ago, a ray of sunlight broke through the dismal clouds and I felt inspired to stop putting my writing on the back burner. You know the story--as a busy mom, wife, and person who feels like she needs to accomplish a zillion things a day in order to feel good about herself, it's often hard to carve out time to write. There are so many other things commanding my attention. I know I'm not alone, and I'm certainly not complaining because I'm very grateful for my family and my life! The simple truth is that I like being busy. But I felt like it was time to focus more on my writing. I'm never one to do things small, so I went on a rampage. To make a long story short, since July 15th of this year, Mom and I have done the following ...

We put Burned into ebook format. (It was formerly Stoney Creek, Alabama, so we changed the title to something sizzling and rebranded it. I'm very happy with the results.)

We put Livin' in High Cotton into ebook format (with a new cover).

We finally released the book we've been holding onto for several years because I couldn't bear to let it go. The Secret Song of the Ditch Lilies, Parts I & II.

We wrote and released The Southern Fried Fix.

And today ... drumroll please ... we released False Identity!

Whew ... it has been a busy 3 1/2 months!

Mere words can't express how thrilled I am the Christmas Novel is finally finished! This one has been a long time coming. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. It feels good to finish something that we started so long ago.

So what does the writer do now that the book is finished? Well, for starters, I'm going to clean my closet and fold the clothes. Also, I think I'll try and get a little exercise every now and then. (My rear-end's been glued to my office chair since July!) I'll take it easy for a day or two, but I have to admit ... that next story is right there on my shoulder ... pricking away. I'm itching to get to it (once I fold the clothes, of course).

Here's the description of the book:

Believe in miracles … believe in Christmas … believe in love. 

It’s Christmas time, and Chancy Hamilton can’t bear the thought of spending the holidays without her late husband Max who died in a plane crash. When Chancy and her teenage son, Travis, have an argument, Travis storms out of the house and ends up in the wrong part of town where he is attacked by a group of thugs. When a homeless man comes to his rescue, he invites the man home to have a meal with his mom and little sister. Gabe Jones is not like any other homeless man Chancy has ever seen—he’s confident, intelligent, and devastatingly handsome. Jake, Chancy’s boyfriend, takes an instant dislike to Gabe and warns Chancy to stay away from him. Nevertheless, their lives become intertwined, and Chancy is soon thrown into nightmarish events caused by a chilling deception where nothing is as it seems, bringing a terrifying aftermath that threatens not only her but the lives of her children.