My thoughts on book reviews

Anyone who writes learns quickly that when you release your work, you're opening yourself up the world--for better or for worse. When Livin' in High Cotton was released a decade ago (has it really been that long?), I was young, naive and more sensitive about my work. After all, I just knew that I had written the Great American Novel and that everyone would realize it. Every whisper of criticism about the book felt like a stab in the heart. Thankfully, it didn't take me long to grow up.

Over the years, I've toughened up, and I realize that no matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to please everyone. And that's okay! I don't take negative criticism personally anymore, although I do read every review. I then look at the comments analytically to see if there is any truth in them. If I start hearing similar comments over and over then I'll pause and re-examine my technique. If not, I put it out of my mind and go on. I accentuate the positive and put my focus on those wonderful reviews. For those are the people that my work is meant for--the people who appreciate it. The people who think and feel as I do!

With all of this being said, I was thrilled to see the positive reviews coming back from False Identity. This was the Christmas novel that I slaved over for a couple of months back in the fall. People seem to be loving it, and that makes me very happy! I just want to say thank you to all of my loyal fans and friends who give Mom and me their undying support. You are the reason we write!

As a gesture of thanks, we have priced False Identity at 99 cents for a limited time. If you haven't yet read it, here's your chance to pick it up at a bargain price!

Oh, and be sure to drop me a line to let me know what you think ...

Get the novel here


Believe in miracles … believe in Christmas … believe in love.

It’s Christmas time, and Chancy Hamilton can’t bear the thought of spending the holidays without her late husband Max who died in a plane crash. When Chancy and her teenage son, Travis, have an argument, Travis storms out of the house and ends up in the wrong part of town where he is attacked by a group of thugs. When a homeless man comes to his rescue, he invites the man home to have a meal with his mom and little sister. Gabe Jones is not like any other homeless man Chancy has ever seen—he’s confident, intelligent, and devastatingly handsome. Jake, Chancy’s boyfriend, takes an instant dislike to Gabe and warns Chancy to stay away from him. Nevertheless, their lives become intertwined, and Chancy is soon thrown into nightmarish events caused by a chilling deception where nothing is as it seems, bringing a terrifying aftermath that threatens not only her but the lives of her children.