Reading ... done right!

Those who know me, know that while I have many interests and likes, writing is my passion! I love being able to create a world and then flesh it out, so that it takes a life of its own.

Before I became a writer, I was a voracious reader. Yes, I was one of those nerdy kids who preferred reading a book at recess over playing on the playground or taking part in a sports activity. I loved that I could turn the page of a book and enter into a fresh, new world that was untouched by the stringent rules that governed my own reality. Books were my escape!

Now, more than ever, I appreciate readers! No matter how many books I write, they are useless until someone reads them.  Every time Mom and I finish a book, we wait on baited breath for our readers to start giving feedback. There's something about this process that I find exhilarating. It never gets old! I want to offer a heartfelt thanks to all of our readers! We would be nothing without you!

A good friend of mine posted this picture on FB, and I asked her if I could put it on my blog. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PICTURE! This is a tribute to all of the readers of the world, both large and small (and the furry, stuffed versions too).

Riley and Nathan, thanks for the much-needed reminder that we, as adults, should never lose sight of the colorful imagination we had as children. In my humble opinion, this really is reading ... done right!

L to r:  Riley and Nathan Hatch, surrounded by a captive audience. These brothers understand the value of sharing their reading experience with others!